Caterina Barbieri & Ruben Spini / FLORENCE TO, BENDIK GISKE & BRIDGET FERRILL
Blistering electroacoustic sounds by synth composer Caterina Barbieri and saxophonist Bendik Giske, beneath immersive 360° visuals by artists Ruben Spini and Florence To.
- 8:30 p.m. (45 min.) - Caterina Barbieri & Ruben Spini - Aurora Wounds (360°video)
- 10:00 p.m. (45 min.) - Florence To, Bendik Giske & Bridget Ferrill - PERSPICUS (live + video)
Caterina Barbieri & Ruben Spini
Composer and synthesiser musician Caterina Barbieri and artist Ruben Spini team up in the video Aurora Wounds, which is set in the High North. The channelling of a ghostly memory rips open the hemispherical dome of the planetarium like a bleeding scar in the space-time manifold. This haunting voice is a tale of vulnerability and catastrophe, the cold case of the human condition and its opaque relationship with the rest of creation and its sublime, encrypted manifestations. Unresolved, Icarian ecstasies fail to evade, instead ultimate witnessing a decaying planet and its sick, exhausted dawns. It’s a violent swansong pleading for radical commitment and a retuning of our place in the cosmos.
- 360° video at 8:30 p.m. (45min.) (Barbieri does not perform live)
- Tickets: € 14 / € 10
Originally commissioned by Berliner Festspiele - The New Infinity 2020 / Reworked for BANG! Planetarium Music Festival.
Florence To, Bendik Giske & Bridget Ferrill - PERSPICUS
PERSPICUS is a collaborative audiovisual piece by saxophonist Bendik Giske, Florence To (visuals), and Bridget Ferrill (sound). In a three-part composition, the work evolves in musical and visual patterns, inviting the audience to travel through imaginary spaces. Bendik Giske's saxophone playing is composed of continuous motions of breath, which combined with 360° visuals creates a sonic and architectural trip.
- Liveconcert with 360° video at 10:00 p.m. (45 min.)
- Tickets: € 18 / € 14
Florence To: visuals / Bridget Ferrill: sound
Production: Berliner Festspiele / The New Infinity (2021)
360° video at 8:30 (45 min.) & live concert with 360° visuals at 10:00 p.m. (45 min.).
Seated concert with closed doors. Don’t be late; latecomers will be denied entry.
- Standard: €18
- Discounted with KU Leuven Culture Card & STUK card: €14
Covid Safe Ticket required
A Covid Safe Ticket (CST) and valid ID are required to access the BANG! Dome and the BANG! Planetarium Music Festival. Find out more about the CST.
A face mask is mandatory during the shows.
The dome is accessible for wheelchair users.
Questions about accessibility.
- Extra tickets might be made available once the festival has started, depending on the specific setup of the venue. Keep an eye on our website and socials.
- If a show is sold out, you can also try the evening waiting list. On the evening of shows, there are sometimes empty seats (when people don't show up unexpectedly, for instance). We try to fill these with 'laissez-passers', a last-minute ticket. If you want us to put you on that waiting list, please drop by the Dome Reception from 19:00 onwards on the evening of the show. A ticket is not guaranteed, but it's worth the try!
+ 32 (0)16 32 03 00