Out of Orbit
Flying out of orbit is an astronaut’s worst nightmare and is the frequent catalyst of countless thrilling Sci-Fi flicks. Artists, however, have a different take. For them, it’s a sensational experience that breaks through into undiscovered countries and unprecedented insights.
Did you know that orbit initially meant eye socket? It’s a quirky fact that helps artists approach natural and scientific phenomena in Out of Orbit from a fresh perspective. Through the lens of personal observation and experiments, they explore the margins where art, knowledge, and perception intersect. The outcome may not be what you expect and forces you to ask: Is a coalescence of art and science more or less than the sum of its parts?
More info soon!
- THU 18.11: Amélie Laurence Fortin (time to be announced)
- Ief Spincemaille (B)
- Amélie Laurence Fortin (CA)
- Dušica DRAŽIĆ (SRB/BE)
- Laurie-Anne Jaubert (FR)
- Ugo Dehaes (B)
- Mariska De Groot (NL)
- Fleur Roggeman (B)
FRINGE EXHIBITION TRAIL
Our Startling Universe is part of the FRINGE exhibition trail. For a whole month, five locations across Leuven welcome you to admire the stories and work of promising young artistic talent. You get a glimpse into how they process the Big Bang Theory and a taste of the fascination they feel for the origins of space and time.
- Tweebronnen City Library Exhibition Space - Our Startling Universe
- BAC ART LAB - Collapse Exhibition and Thuy Lê Thi Thu Exhibition
- OPEK/De Garage - Curating the Young (13.12 - 19.12)
- maakleerplek - Installation by Koen Kloosterhuis (Cas-co)
- Batiment A - Out of Orbit (Werktank)
ABOUT BATIMENT A
Out of Orbit is Werktank’s final exploration of the spaces in its headquarters at Batiment A in Leuven before moving on to its new location at Ateliers Minoye in Kessel-Lo. For the first and last time, all the offices and studios in the old VAT office on Minckelersstraat will be transformed into an immersive exhibition space with interventions by Ief Spincemaille, AmélieLaurence Fortin, Fleur Roggeman, and more.
The exhibition and FRINGE exhibition trail are free and open to all.
- From THU 18.11 to SAT 18.12
- THU from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- FRI from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- SAT from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
+32 (0) 486 57 76 47